Annons:
Tagskincare
Read 1427 times
Evelina
2018-11-16 11:16

Post-workout acne help!

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

So I have really upped my workout frequency and intensity in the last couple months. However, as usual, my acne tends to get worse when I work out more. I've read this could happen for a number of reasons -- due to hormonal changes brought on by exercise, not working out with a clean face, not showering directly after, sweat, dirty gym equipment, dirty yoga mat, not washing your workout attire with really hot water, etc. 

I think all of these things probably do play into this problem. So how can I fix this besides the obvious? Straight faced In the past, the problem slowly dwindled away with time so I am hoping the same will happen, but I would like the speeden the process up. 

I am prone to cystic acne on my face, and upper back -- which only happens if I work out a lot and sometimes due to my menstrual cycle. 

I bought my acne face wash and lotion that I used to use (its expensive thats why I changed to a cheaper option that doesn't work as well). And I bought some perfume free post-workout anti-bacterial face wipes to use after I workout. 

Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to fix it?

Annons:
Leia
2018-11-16 21:10

I've not had this problem myself, but my housemate has always had trouble with acne, he got in contact with his GP who prescribed him a special cream, the difference is amazing! It might be worth arranging an appointment!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-11-16 22:11

Those creams are always too harsh for my skin. Ive also tried antibiotics. But I just honestly reacted really bad to anything perscribed by my dermatologist. 😓

Niklas
2018-11-17 16:55

Did you try Betnovat?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-11-19 16:45

#3 No I haven’t tried that before.

jordan
2018-11-19 23:05

Antibiotics worked well for me, at least on my face. Sad that it didn’t work out for you!

Niklas
2018-11-20 10:20

#4: I've found it to be relatively kind to the skin. You don't have to put it on large skin areas. You put it just on the spots, and it dries them out.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-11-21 18:03

I have a charity ball coming up so I've recently been hitting the sunbeds! I wouldn't recommend doing this often, this is an exception for a special occasion, but I have noticed a drastic improvement in my skin!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: