Annons:
Tag:ย skincare
Read 1635 times
Evelina
2019-03-20 12:00

Asking The Ordinary for Personal Skincare Regimen

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I emailed Deciem, the parent company of The Ordinary, to see what skin care regimen they would recommend for my skin type and concerns. You can even send them photos if you like. I simply filled in an online form and they got back to me within a couple days. 

SKIN CONCERNS: Large pores, blackheads, uneven texture, acne scars/pits (used to have bad cystic acne), mild breakouts and occasional cystic acne around menstruation.

DECIEM PRODUCTS YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING: None

SKIN ALLERGIES / INTOLERANCES: Fragrances, Sensitive skin 

WHICH BRANDS ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: The Ordinary

OTHER: Skin is normal not oily or particularly dry.

Here is their reply:

We are so happy to hear from you! We have included a regimen below based on your skincare concerns :)

We suggest using no more than 3 serum formulations in a single routine for optimal skin penetration. Generally, we recommend applying water-based solutions first, followed by anhydrous or oil formulations, and finally emulsion/suspension formulas. About 2-3 drops of each serum and 1 pea-sized amount of creams should be enough for the full face and neck. 

A regimen with these products would look like something like this:

AM

1. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 A multi-depth hydration Support serum that contains 3 hyaluronic acid complexes at multiple molecular weights and Vitamin B5.

2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% A high-strength vitamin and mineral formula that visibly targets the look of blemishes and signs of congestion. Niacinamide has also been shown to have a visible brightening effect. *If topical Vitamin C is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with Niacinamide (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and Niacinamide in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect the integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid).

3. The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA A cream formula that offers non-greasy surface hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components; NMF are elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated.

4. The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 15 or 30 with Antioxidants

PM

1. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 A multi-depth hydration Support serum that contains 3 hyaluronic acid complexes at multiple molecular weights and Vitamin B5.

2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% A high-strength vitamin and mineral formula that visibly targets the look of blemishes and signs of congestion. Niacinamide has also been shown to have a visible brightening effect. *If topical Vitamin C is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with Niacinamide (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and Niacinamide in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect the integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid).

3. The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA A superficial peeling formulation that targets uneven tone, textural irregularities and fine lines. Its larger molecular weight allows mandelic acid to penetrate the skin slower and is suitable for all skin types especially those that are sensitive.  

4. The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA A cream formula that offers non-greasy surface hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components; NMF are elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated.
    You may also wish to explore The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution as a spot treatment as needed. We recommend alternating between Salicylic Acid and other direct acids/retinoids each evening to avoid irritation.

While salicylic acid can Help with overall visible clarity, effective medicine exists to fight acne successfully, including retinoic acid and benzoyl peroxide. None of our products can be considered medical treatments for acne, so we suggest consulting with your physician if possible.

We recommend avoiding unprotected solar exposure, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.

Please let us know if you have any further questions at all <3 <3 <3

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-20 12:02

I have been using these products for a little over a month now. I will soon provide a little review of the products of theirs that I have tested. But it is a little too soon to say give a good enough review.

Leia
2019-03-21 00:41

What a great service, was it free? I have bought a few products from The Ordinary but I wish I had known about this before!

I'm excited to read your review ๐Ÿ™‚

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-04-02 17:57

It was free ๐Ÿ™‚

Tammie
2019-04-04 04:46

What a great idea? I especially like that you could tell them you have issues with fragrances!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย