Annons:
Tag:Β face-makeup
Read 2423 times
Leia
2019-05-27 16:57

My eyebrow journey

Eyebrows are the frame of our eyes and often the first thing someone will notice when they look at our face.  Everyone's eyebrow journey is unique, we all have different, shapes, colours and thickness. 

I've always had very dark thick straight eyebrows, at the age of 11 boys at school started teasing me about them so I began having them waxed every two weeks by a beautician (not an eyebrow artist)  My eyebrows lost all shape and became a thin line on my face (see pic below).

The arch eyebrow trend soon came around, I started growing out my eyebrows in order to retain their natural thickness, this took a few years to do considering the intense waxing I had put them through (I'd recommending giving at least 4 weeks between waxing/threading).  This growing out period was tough too, I would leave them untouched for months and they would truly look scary! But it was worth it in the end.

I really struggled trying to achieve this arch eyebrow that all my friends seemed to have effortlessly. I started to have my eyebrows done every two months by an eyebrow artist to Help me slowly achieve the look I desired. I would say I have since achieved an arc rather than an arch as its softer and more subtle and I have the Help of two must have products if you have eyebrows like mine!

I now rely on Benefits ka-BROW! eyebrow cream-gel colour in 04 Medium in order to underline and define the arc shape of the eyebrow. While my right brow is full, my left has some gaps that never grew back from waxing so Ka-BROW fills them in and adding height to the top of my brow which turns them from straight to arc-shaped. I use an angled brush with Ka-BROW and build up the product if I want a more dramatic look but I still use it for everyday natural looks too!

Finally, my favourite product is Benefits  24- Brow Setter clear brow gel. It shapes & tames brows and locks on makeup so brows stay in place all day. The dual-sided wand coats hairs from root to tip and formula is easy to apply and quick to dry. I love the feathery effect I can achieve with this product to make them appear naturally bushy or that I can create a super smooth and sleek look.

What's your eyebrow journey? what products couldn't you live without?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2019-05-27 22:21

I'm glad you are now happy with your eyebrows! Personally I don't think I have ever touched mine, they have always just been left unattended Laughing out loud

Evelina
2019-06-28 19:10

#1 left unattended πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ if I left mine alone i would have a big eyebrow. I went through a similar Journey as Leia. I started plucking my eyebrows in 5th grade because i was teased for having dark brown eye brows and blonde hair. In highschool i had thin eyebrows because that was the ”style” lol. Then I let them grow out and now I just maintain their natural shape.

Leia
2019-07-01 17:25

#1 damn the early 2000 trends πŸ˜‚ do you use any products or fill them in?

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-07-01 19:45

I just brush them and use powder filler from Anastasia

jordan
2019-07-03 01:33

I just saw this recommended to me on YouTube, and in the video he mentions eyebrow maintenance Laughing out loud Maybe YouTube is trying to tell me something haha

Tammie
2019-07-12 21:34

I too, would have a unibrow if left unattended. As I have aged things have gotten crazier and I practically have to mow mine!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Leia
2019-09-02 20:51

#6 I would have thought hair growth would slow down with age, glad to know they're probably always gonna cause me trouble ScaredLaughing out loud

All the best, Leia

Tammie
2019-09-03 00:47

I was just gone camping for three nights and my poor eyebrows got way out of hand! β˜ΉοΈπŸ˜”

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β