Annons:
Tagskincare
Read 1020 times
Evelina
2021-01-28 11:10

7 Skincare Must-Have's

When it comes to buying skincare products, it can be a very disconcerting process. To make it simpler, one needs to figure out which items are essential to your skincare routine and which ones are just complementary to your skincare routine. 

Here are seven skincare must-have essentials. This is based on my personal preference. There are other products that I consider to be complementary that others might consider to be essential. Everyone's skin is unique with its own problem issues. Some might want to include Vitamin C serum or other serums, for instance. 

1. Sunscreen

No matter your age, you should be using a high strength sunscreen everyday. I use a 50+ SPF moisturiser from Paula's Choice. It is thick and perfect for the cold dry Scandinavian winter weather. Sunscreen helps to prevent sun spots and wrinkles. 

2. Moisturiser 

Moisturiser is another must-have. A good moisturiser should leave your skin feeling plump to Help reduce oil over-production and acne. I use a combined sunscreen/moisturiser. It works for me to have less products. Less layering means less pilling under the makeup in my opinion. 

You also might want to consider an eye moisturiser as well. I have thin skin and fine wrinkles under my eyes so it is essential. I use Eucerin Hyaloron-Filler with SPF 15. Its the only eye moisturiser that doesn't make my the fine wrinkles look worse with concealer layered on top.

3. Daily Cleanser

Cleansing your face twice a day is really important to preventing acne and pimples. I use one with salicylic acid because I struggle with hormonal acne. It is called Avene Cleanance Hydra Cleanser. 

5. Chemical Exfoliant: AHA/BHA Mask

You should not me using manual exfoliants on your face (meaning exfoliants such as coffee grinds or similar to scrub the dead skin cells off your face). You should use a gentle chemical exfoliant a few times a week in order to leave your skin looking less dull. I use the Ordinary's AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution one or two times a week max. You only use this for ten minutes at a time. It must be cleaned off. In addition, I will use their mandelic acid once or twice a week, which can be left on as it is much more gentle. I've also heard great things about Paula's Choice and Drunk Elephant's AHA/BHA masks.

6. Retinol

###

Retinol helps to combat wrinkles and acne. It is  quite drying so its something one needs to work their skin up to. You should start with a lower percentage in the beginning and alternate days. It is to be used in the evenings. I use Paula's Choice Retinol 1% in the evening twice a week. I also have Avene's eye retinol but my skin just cannot tolerate it on the eye area. 

7. Oil 

I prefer to use oils in the evening as the final step in my skincare routine. I use it daily. My favourite is the Ordinary's Rosehip Oil. I'm currently using their B oil, but it just isn't has good as the Rosehip Oil. The Rosehip Oil has a bit of a yellow tint and in the morning I feel that my skin really glows.

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: